Forum

Error 324

k0nsl
6 November 2012, 10:56
I test a lot of CMS systems, frameworks and forums on my server and quite often I see this in my browser:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

This results in a inoperable webserver so I must issue a restart command to make it work again.

There is nothing in my VirtualHost logfile. Nothing in Hiawatha system.log either.

My VirtualHost looks like this:
VirtualHost {
Hostname = cms.benito.k0nsl.org
WebsiteRoot = /var/www/benito/cms/public
StartFile = index.php
AccessLogfile = /var/www/benito/monitor//logfiles/cms.access.log
ErrorLogfile = /var/www/benito/monitor/logfiles/cms.error.log
TimeForCGI = 500
ExecuteCGI = yes
UseGZfile = yes
ShowIndex = yes
#Extension = php
#UseFastCGI = PHP5
UseToolkit = vanilla,expires
EnablePathInfo = yes
MonitorRequests = yes
#PreventCSRF = yes
#PreventSQLi = yes
#PreventXSS = yes
}

Anybody else experienced this and perhaps knows what causes it?

Faithfully,
-k0nsl

Hiawatha version: 8.6
Operating System: CENTOS 5
Hugo Leisink
6 November 2012, 11:05
I never had this issue. But Google showed me that this is a Chrome issue and I use Firefox.
When you have this error in Chrome, do other web browsers also have issues or do they work fine then?
k0nsl
6 November 2012, 11:17
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I will check next time the issue occurs (i.e in Firefox). I've only tested and experienced it in Chrome so far.
It drove me crazy because I've check everything there is, but probably this is as you say a Chrome issue.

-k0nsl
k0nsl
6 November 2012, 13:06
Hm, now it is worsening. I keep getting it all the time, even with Firefox. So it's not just a Chrome issue.
I tried everything - close page, clear cache, restart browser. On Hiawatha I removed all unnecessary ToolKits (vanilla and expires) and disabled a lot of other things - but this issue persists.
This certainly is irritating and the only remedy is to restart Hiawatha.

-k0nsl
Hugo Leisink
6 November 2012, 17:25
My guess is that you have configured too strict banning rules. You say the logfiles show you nothing. Are the access rights of the logfiles correct? Is the Hiawatha binary allowed to write to the logfiles? Can you show me your complete configuration file?
This topic has been closed.