Forum

WordPress plugin updates gets stuck at some point

Ali
29 January 2013, 16:27
I'm experiencing this issue for a while now. When I try to update the plugins via admin panel, it gets stuck at this point and it never proceeds. However, when I refresh the page after a short wait, I see that the plugin already updated.

External image via http://i.imgur.com/np6riAP.png

Interestingly, this is not happening on core updates, everything works as it should when I try to update WordPress itself via panel.

I wonder if any other users of Hiawatha is experiencing this issue? And, I'd appreciate a solution if you've got one

Regards,

Ali.

Hiawatha version: Hiawatha v8.7, cache, IPv6, Monitor, reverse proxy, SSL, Tomahawk, URL toolkit, XSLT
Copyright (C) by Hugo Leisink <hugo@leisink.net>
Operating System: Debian 7.0 "Wheezy"
Hugo Leisink
30 January 2013, 08:22
My guess is that this is due to the fact that Wordpress has been tested with Apache only. Wordpress is in fact not a web application, but an Apache application.
Ali
30 January 2013, 09:33
Unfortunately, it is.

Since Apache is still dwarfing all other competitors in terms of usage statistics [news.netcraft.com], most of the web apps are optimizing for Apache is not really surprising. But with nginx keeping up with IIS, I believe this will change in near future and we'll hopefully see developers also recognizing alternative web servers as well.

By the way, WordPress.org says;
We recommend Apache or Nginx as the most robust and featureful server for running WordPress, but any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do.

I guess they need to test harder before claiming "any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do"
This topic has been closed.