Forum

Access Denied Via AlterList

A.
12 April 2014, 03:10
Hi Hugo,

I am trying to enable the PUT request method for the site I am working on. I have configured the *Alter* settings but everytime I send a PUT request I get the message "access denied via alterlist" in the error log. Perhaps I am not setting the the AlterList variable correctly. If so, how can I correct it? I apologize, I am a beginner and still learning.

The following is my configuration:
Binding {
EnableAlter = yes
}

VirtualHost {
AlterGroup = www-data
AlterList = allow all
AlterMode = 640
RunOnAlter = /var/www/scripts/upload.php
}

Hiawatha version: 9.2
Operating System: Arch Linux
Hugo Leisink
15 April 2014, 21:05
Hmmm, config looks oke. Since you only showed part of the config file, could it be that another virtual host is being used?
A.
16 April 2014, 00:30
Hi Hugo,

Thanks for the reply. You're right! Turned out that it wasn't using the virtual host because I have the hostname set up wrong.

Now I have another question. The site is accessed via the server's IP address that can change over time. Is it possible to setup the hostname under virtual host to allow any IP address?
Hugo Leisink
16 April 2014, 01:20
Simply don't use a virtual host. Use the default host (host settings without the VirtualHost{} block). This host will be used if no other hostname matches.
A.
16 April 2014, 03:18
Awesome! It works! Thank you Hugo. For some reason I assumed the Alter configurations have to be under VirtualHost.
This topic has been closed.