Forum

Error intializing ChallengeClient module

Erik S
31 January 2015, 16:20
Hello Hugo,
After many successful installs and setups of Hiawatha up to v9.10 I can not get 9.11 to run at all on an OS that runs every version until 9.11. No matter if I compile or use a Debian build, which worked very well until now. I get this : Error intializing ChallengeClient module, and then no joy or happiness here. What have I done wrong? Or is this the end of using Hiawatha past version 9.10. And where can I get a copy of the 9.10 Debian build? I may need this version to save so I can continue to use this very good web server with various flavors of Puppy Linux? Final question, is there a fix I can use to work around this problem? Thank you for your time Hugo!

Hiawatha version: 9.11
Operating System: Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0 CE
Hugo Leisink
31 January 2015, 16:37
Do you have a /dev/random which is readable for everybody?

You can go around this initialization error by disabling the ChallengeClient module in config.h.in (comment the ENABLE_CHALLENGE flag) or, if you want to use it, by setting a secret for the ChallengeClient setting.
Erik S
31 January 2015, 17:21
Thank you Hugo! The /dev/random is not readable! I modified the permissions to World Readable and it works again as expected! Fantastic....a big thank you Hugo for the excellent support.
Hugo Leisink
31 January 2015, 17:49
You're welcome! Good to hear it works again.
This topic has been closed.