Forum

FastCGI configuration in Hiawatha

H4lo
22 February 2015, 13:30
Hello,

I am new to Hiawatha and to webservers in general. My question is about the configuration of FastCGI in Hiawatha.

1. Where can I find the Unix socket. In the HowTo there is '/var/lib/hiawatha/php-fcgi.sock'. Is that correct for every Linux OS or is it equal and I can choose another path, too and the Unix socket will be arranged?

2. For load balancing: How do I know which IP address(es) and which port(s) I have to choose?

3. How can I configure how many FastCGI servers are running?

Thank you very much

Hiawatha version: 9.12
Operating System: Linux
Hugo Leisink
22 February 2015, 13:58
1. The unix socket is created by PHP when starting it in FastCGI mode. Google about how to configure php-fpm to learn more.

2. Since you are new to webservers, my advice is to ignore load balancing for now. First, learn how to use a single FastCGI server. If you know how to do that, you'll automatically know how to answer this question yourself in the future.

3. Via the pm.* settings in your php-fpm configuration, which is probably located in /etc/php/fpm/pool.d. This can be a different directory, depending your which distribution you are using.
H4lo
22 February 2015, 14:31
Thanks for the quick answer.

Still a short question: What is meant by 'pool' concerning PHP-FPM?
Hugo Leisink
22 February 2015, 17:20
A pool is a group of FastCGI daemons behaving the same way (same amount of spawned daemons, same connection method, etc).
This topic has been closed.