Forum

private download area & Hiawatha

Gour
26 May 2015, 11:07
Hello,

I'm considering to replace ownCloud with some other solution like Baikal/Radicale to handle syncing of my contacts and calendars with Android phone, but those do not handle my need of providing download of multimedia (mostly mp3 files) to my users...iow. I have a need to provide some private file area for my users/clients containing downloadable files. It's absolutely required that each user has access only to the files allotted to him.

After investigating about some web-based file manager for the task, it looks everything is overkill providing options I do not need like syncing, uploading for the users etc. so I'm thinking what would be desired setup by using only Hiawatha with password-protected dirs?

I'd upload files to my production server using sftp and would like to provide each user with login/password to his/her area to download files from their 'private area'.

Any hint for solution with Hiawatha only?
Hugo Leisink
26 May 2015, 18:59
How many users are you talking about?
Gour
26 May 2015, 20:34
~10, maybe up to 20 at a time, iow. there is no need to keep files for 'old' users indefinetely, so users will keep coming and going.
Hugo Leisink
26 May 2015, 23:24
Ok, that's not a very big amount. If those users don't change too much, you could create separate directories with HTTP Digest authentication and an index (ShowIndex = yes).
This topic has been closed.