Forum

Hiawatha crashing while uploading big files

alexpacio
30 June 2015, 12:13
Hi,
I'm trying to deploy Hiawatha in order to host Pydio. It works very flawlessly and fast, but the hiawatha process crashes when I try to upload big files.
How could I solve it?
Hugo Leisink
30 June 2015, 13:04
Which version of Hiawatha do you use? Please, follow these instructions.
alexpacio
30 June 2015, 17:05
Hi Hugo,
just sent you an email.
Hugo Leisink
1 July 2015, 13:48
I'm new to Pydio. Can you tell me what is needed to make Pydio accept large files? I now get the error 'File is too big'.
alexpacio
2 July 2015, 18:08
I'm currently using MaxRequestSize = 2000000 in order to allow 2GB downloads.
Is it right or should i need something else?
Hugo Leisink
3 July 2015, 16:59
Hiawatha and PHP are set to receive large files. But somehow Pydio doesn't allow it. I have no idea why.
alexpacio
4 July 2015, 17:42
Pydio has to be configured in order to accept large files. It has a sort of dedicated configuration which is also needed.
This is not the problem I'm claiming. The problem I'm encountering is that Hiawatha crashes unexpectedly when loading large files, while the other services as php-fpm and mysql keep working.
Hugo Leisink
6 July 2015, 09:39
I know, but I want to see for myself what goes wrong. I'm trying to reproduce your error. By I can't make Pydio accept large files. I keep receiving the 'File is too big' error message when I try to upload a large file.
alexpacio
12 July 2015, 20:06
Hi Hugo,
after some extended tests I confirm the crash when the uploaded/downloaded file is big.
In order to let Pydio manage big files you have to set php and also an internal value as explained here [vpsmate.net].
Hugo Leisink
12 July 2015, 20:48
What's the size of the file that you are trying to upload? I just did some testing with a 700 MB file. No crash.

(Testing was done not via Pydio, but via a simple CGI script. Just to test Hiawatha)
alexpacio
13 July 2015, 09:41
yes, it's a 650MB file. If it try to upload through pydio it crashes.
alexpacio
14 July 2015, 10:19
just had to switch back to Apache
Hugo Leisink
14 July 2015, 16:28
Sorry to hear that. I was finally able to get Pydio working. I also managed to crash Hiawatha, so I confirm your bug report. I'll take a look at it tonight and will fix this for the next release. Let me know if you want to give Hiawatha another try. I'll then provide you with a patch.
alexpacio
22 July 2015, 10:13
Hi Hugo, sure, I just had to switch back to Apache temporarly because my customer pressed me to have Pydio working stable.
We can surely test your patch in a testing environment or, if the next release is going to be released shortly, i will test it on the final release.
Please, let me know about it. Thanks
Hugo Leisink
22 July 2015, 15:30
I have found the cause of the crash. I have already rewritten the buggy code, but will need some more time for proper testing.

I was able to upload a 650 MB file to Pydio successfully. If you send me an e-mail, I'll send you a test version.
Mustafa Ramadhan
22 July 2015, 21:05
Will be release 9.14? Or just a patch?.
Hugo Leisink
22 July 2015, 21:42
I will release a 9.14, but I'd like you to test it first. Just to make sure it solves your problem. If you send me an e-mail, I'll reply with a 9.14 beta.
This topic has been closed.