Forum

URL Rewrite for subfolder

someone
6 July 2015, 22:56
Hi,

I've been trying to get the URL Toolkit for Dokuwiki to work. Most likely my problem has to do with having Dokuwiki in a subfolder, e.g. example.com/wiki.

I've tried slightly rewriting the suggested URL Toolkit for dokuwiki with a /wiki/ in front of every Match and Rewrite (or either) in the hiawatha.conf file,but that didn't work. Then I read something about having a .hiawatha file, but that didn't seem to work either.

I'm a bit of a pleb when it comes to this stuff. Is it possible to rewrite URLs for dokuwiki in a subfolder, or does it have to be in the webiste root directory?

Hiawatha v9.3.1, cache, IPv6, Monitor, reverse proxy, SSL (1.3.2), Tomahawk, URL toolkit, XSLT
Hugo Leisink
7 July 2015, 09:33
I'm not very familiar with Dokuwiki. Have you tried the Duku forum [forum.dokuwiki.org]?
someone
7 July 2015, 18:52
I've made a thread there now: https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/48905

Hopefully I'll get an answer, if not I'll just come back here and nag on you again.
Hugo Leisink
7 July 2015, 19:11
That's ok.
someone
8 July 2015, 17:27
I've solved the problem myself. I created a CNAME (in my DNS Zone File) pointing to the main domain called "wiki" (wiki.example.com) and made a VirtualHost for that (I thought for sure that would be black magic, but it worked), then I just added the Toolkit in hiawatha.conf and added "UseToolkit = dokuwiki" in the relevant VirtualHost.

So now I have a subdomain.
Hugo Leisink
8 July 2015, 19:41
Well done! Keep on experimenting, and you'll soon be a real web magician!
This topic has been closed.