Forum

RoadMap

J. Lambrecht
11 October 2015, 10:41
After seeing a post on thinking of closing down the project. Are you still considering this ?

Given what i've seen for Hiawatha i think you've now just reached the point it is a seriously viable alternative. Especially as a component for infrastructure and other purposes. I'd seriously consider the idea of having a professional code audit performed, maybe launch a crowdfund project over that.

The hidden attraction to me is Hiawatha is a "local" product, not american, english, russian or asian, european it is.
Hugo Leisink
11 October 2015, 11:06
No, I've never considered closing the project, just this website. I'm working on Hiawatha for about 13,5 years now and still not many people use it. At the time of that post, I was receiving a lot of spam at my forum and almost no response from any actual user. I use Hiawatha myself and it will always be a hobby of mine. But there is a difference between simply publishing the Hiawatha source at Github or running a project / support website for it. The last one is only useful when there are actual users.

At the moment, I'm developing Hiawatha just for myself. I only accept feature requests if I think it will be fun to implement. I no longer care for people using or not using my webserver. To those who do, I will support them by answering questions. But no more trying to make Hiawatha more known.
Bryan
15 October 2015, 18:14
Well, Hiawatha is certainly appreciated by some of your users. The more I use it and learn about it, the more I feel like it is just a really solid piece of software. Really nicely done.
Hugo Leisink
15 October 2015, 22:25
Thanks! Please, spread the word.
This topic has been closed.