Forum

Fast CGI flush not working as expected.... Need to remove any buffering....

Manev
14 October 2015, 12:34
Hi, I am trying to stream video over HTTP and want to send each TCP packet to be exactly 1316. I am trying the FCGX_FFlush after FCGX_PutStr, but still looking at the packets they are random size.... It looks like there is same buffering/caching in the middle.
Could you help me with this?
Hugo Leisink
14 October 2015, 14:51
It this moment, Hiawatha does not support that. (Fast)CGI output is indeed buffered to optimize the output stream. If you clearly specify what feature you are looking for, I will take a look. No promises yet about any implementation.
Manev
14 October 2015, 14:58
Hi, Hugo,

Thank you for the prompt reply. We need to be able to flush the output buffer to output exactly 1316, because when streaming MPEG TS over HTTP this is exactly 7 * 188 bytes packets. Some players like VLC need to receive the data in a single packet to be able to decode it. What can we do in order to make Hiawatha send such packets?
Hugo Leisink
14 October 2015, 15:25
At this moment, nothing. I'm about to release 9.15 and next week I'm on vacation. But after that I can make some changes to Hiawatha and we can experiment if I can make Hiawatha work well with your MPEG stream. How does that sound?
Manev
14 October 2015, 15:28
Thank you very much! Hope to see it working soon, let me know if I can help you with something....
Please, do not forget me!
Hugo Leisink
14 October 2015, 15:29
Please, send your e-mail address to hugo at hiawatha-webserver.org. I will contact you after my vacation.
This topic has been closed.