Forum

Hiawatha sub domain problem

John
11 March 2016, 21:49
Hi everyone, I set up a sub domain
in hiawatha on windows, which I succeeded in doing.
I am now trying to set up a sub domain using hiawatha on centOS7.

I have placed this in hiawatha.conf just as I did under windows.
Hiawatha seems fine with it and starts up without errors.
But when I go to test.site.com I end up getting redirected to a google search for the same.
Does anyone know why this is, I know I got the same before I edited my windows hosts file
and added 127.0.0.1 test.127.0.0.1 which resolved this under windows and hiawatha,
but I do not know what to edit under centOS to achieve the same.
As this time I am actually accessing the sub domain online,
I have a CNAME in my external DNS providers entry for test.site.com which according
to mxtoolbox is ok, when I type test.site.com in the DNS lookup it returns the record,
but shows it as an A record for the domain site.com, should I have created an a record instead of a CNAME.
Was I right in creating the A record, or can I achieve this like I did on windows, or do I need a combination of both.

VirtualHost {
Hostname = test.site.com, *.test.site.com
WebsiteRoot = /var/www/hiawatha/test
StartFile = index.html
AccessLogfile = /var/www/hiawatha/test/access.log
ErrorLogfile = /var/www/hiawatha/test/error.log
#TimeForCGI = 10
#UseFastCGI = PHP5
#UseToolkit = banshee
}

IS THIS A VALID VIRTUALHOST ENTRY, IF SO, what else do I need to alter to make this work.

Thank you kindly, john

IS THIS A VALID VIRTUAL HOST ENTRY.
Hugo Leisink
13 March 2016, 17:30
Hiawatha does not redirect to Google or any other site, unless it has been told to do so via a configuration setting. Your issue is not Hiawatha related, but caused by something on your system. Since I don't know your system, I don't know what causes it.
john
15 March 2016, 21:56
Thank you for your assistance
I got my problems solved regarding the issue above.
I went on and installed a hiawatha on a vps, one without a domain name pointing to it
I keep getting the error Service unavailable 503
I can access the same site via apache, so am sure most things are correct.
I point hiawatha to the same site either via its default settings of add a virtual host entry
and I get the above error.
I configured php mariadb and hiawatha by following this tutorial and just can't get it to work.
http://www.servermom.org/install-php5-fpm-mariadb-hiawatha-centos-7/1954/#comment-165359
If anyone sees anything wrong with the tutorial or has any ideas regarding the error and how to resolve it
I would be great full to hear from you.

Regards, john
This topic has been closed.