Forum

letsencrypt

kfft
18 March 2016, 23:26
Hi

I have created a letsencrypt certificate
it works fine with desktop browsers like Chrome or Firefox but with IOS mobile chrome I get the NET: ERR_CERT_INVALID error
I read about it and it is a question of config it seems
for Apache you're supposed to use the "fullchain" in place of the cert to make it compatible with all mobile browsers
what about Hiawatha? what would be the fullchain and would it solve the issue ?

Thanks!
kfft
19 March 2016, 10:18
Follow up of my issue since yesterday:
I have tested my configuration with www.ssllabs.com and it was saying that my chain was "incomplete".
Don't ask me why this is causing issue with mobile browsers and working fine with desktop browsers.
What I have done is adding the intermediate certificate from letsencrypt at the end of my serverkey.pem file. Tell me if I am wrong but the intermediate certificate is what letsencrypt was calling the issuer certificate.
I fed Hiawatha with this new key and it is all fine with all the mobile and desktop browsers i have tested!
Thanks Hiawatha then and I can acknowledge that Hiawatha works fine with a LetsEncrypt certificate on a Windows 10 platform. All for free of course and bug-free as well.
Thanks Hugo for the great secure, bug free and flexible server you are offering us!

Hugo Leisink
19 March 2016, 11:46
You're welcome!
This topic has been closed.