Internal error - Unknown setting: dashboard_show_weblog

19 May 2017, 14:06

Since updating with the latest version of Monitor, I have a mail with this error each time I'm logging in :

Used URL  : /

Unknown setting: dashboard_show_weblog

The other parameters seem fine (it's my username, my ip address and my web browser). I didn't find an existing topic about that setting.

Did I do something wrong during the update ? I did it by replacing all the files and modifying the setting in website.conf and public_pages.conf (following the readme instructions).

I also have another problem since the update : I must log each time I go to a new page within monitor.
Hugo Leisink
19 May 2017, 19:10
Did you use /setup after updating the source? It should add that setting. Other wise, set it manually via the Setting administration (boolean type, default 'yes').

About the login-for-each-page issue. From what version did you upgrade?
20 May 2017, 13:15

No, I didn't use /setup after updating Monitor. I dit it, it updated the database and now, I see Hiawatha Weblog and I don't receive email about this error anymore. Thank !

About the login problem, I updated from the 1.4 version to the 1.5 version. Another problem I had is that the first time I'm trying to log in, I always have a Login incorrect error and the second time, with the same login / password duo, I can log in (without staying logged in).

I created a new database to see if it works with a clean test state and it's working with this new database : I can log in the first time and I stay logged in. As far as I know, the only difference is the database informations in website.conf : I didn't modify any other files. My user's login / password are the same in both case.

I looked a bit into both databases and I saw a difference between the sessions table :
- in my current install, the user_id field is set to Null
- in my test install, the user_id field is set to the id of my account.
Hugo Leisink
22 May 2017, 22:16
Please verify that the elements in the session record have the right length (compare database with the database/mysql.sql file).
23 May 2017, 10:10
Current Sessions ID field's type is varchar (100) and test Sessions ID field's type is varchar (128).

Changing the current Sessions ID field's type to varchar (128) has fixed the problem and I'm now able to log in and stay logged in.

Thank you for your help !
This topic has been closed.