Forum

hiawatha does not present new certificate

Andras
4 June 2017, 17:34
Hello!

I renewed the SSL-certificate with cat privkey5.pem cert5.pem chain5.pem > hiawatha5.pem and changed the configfile accordingly to SSLcertFile = /path/to/hiawatha5.pem

but hiawatha presents the old hiawatha4.pem still. Even if I start from the commandline hiawatha -c /etc/hiawatha and cleaning the caches of the browsers.

What's wrong?

Andreas
Hugo Leisink
5 June 2017, 08:31
I don't know. Perhaps you made a mistake during the copying of the certificate files? Anyway, the browers cache has nothing to do with this.
Andreas
5 June 2017, 11:09
I did the cat privkey5.pem cert5.pem chain5.pem > hiawatha5.pem again and changed the entries in the configfile to
Binding {
Port = 443
# Interface = ::1
MaxKeepAlive = 30
TimeForRequest = 3,20
#RequireTLS = yes
SSLcertFile = /path/to/hiawatha5.pem
}

and also in the VirtualHost section to

SSLcertFile = /path/to/hiawatha5.pem

but then why is hiawatha looking for the hiawatha4.pem (which expired meanwhile) instead of the hiawatha5.pem? There is no mention of the hiawatha4.pem in the configfile anymore.

Andreas
Andreas
5 June 2017, 11:19
Correcting myself. There was another process running from my nightly tests hiawatha -c /etc/hiawatha and service hiawatha stop and start did not notice that. Stopping the old hiawatha -c /etc/hiawatha and a service hiawatha start did it. All is fine!

Andreas
Hugo Leisink
8 June 2017, 20:16
Good to hear!
This topic has been closed.