Forum

Install directories

Daniel
18 February 2018, 18:23
Hi Hugo,
here's a question from a Linux newbie: I have just installed hiawatha on a raspberry pi (Debina Stretch). Two strange things happened.
Firstly, no hiawatha start script was created in /etc/init.d. However, I did have a copy of an old startup script, which I could use. Secondly, instead if installing hiawatha in /usr/sbin/, hiawatha was created in /usr/local/sbin/ (same for wigwam), and the conf file now is in /usr/local/etc/hiawatha/ instead of /etc/hiawatha/. I used the same source tarball (hiawatha-10.7.tar.gz) with Debian Jessie, and everything was fine. Is this new behaviour on Stretch normal?
If I want to change the install paths, I take it that I can use options while performing cmake. Could you kindly confirm that the following is correct?
For hiawatha: -DCMAKE_INSTALL_SBINDIR=/usr/sbin/
For conf file: -DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc/hiawatha/
Thanks a lot in advance! Sorry for the newbie level of this question.
Best wishes,
Daniel
Hugo Leisink
19 February 2018, 14:36
It looks like you installed Hiawatha via 'make install', right? Try using the extra/make_debian_package script and install the Debian package it creates via dpkg.
./extra/make_debian_package
sudo dpkg -i hiawatha_<version>.deb

The make_debian_package script might complain about packages that are required but missing. Install them via apt-get.
sudo apt-get install <package>
Daniel
19 February 2018, 20:03
Thanky a lot, it works now!
Best wishes,
Daniel
This topic has been closed.