Forum

Hiawatha && PHP7-FPM over tcp

Stefano
17 May 2018, 08:42
Hello!
I've configured a server with php 7 fpm on tcp socket.
It seems to work but, after some parallel requests, it start to report timeout.

Actually I've configured fpm with 2 static child, seems to me that when Hiawatha* get 2+ concurrent request it start to get troubles.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance, and thanks for your awesome webserver!

*I wrote Hiawatha because I've, on the same machine, another webserver that use the same php fpm instance and doesn't show any problem.
Hugo Leisink
20 May 2018, 20:54
Have you tried changing the pm.* settings in php-fpm.conf? I guess it's more a PHP issue than a Hiawatha issue.
Stefano
22 May 2018, 13:28
Hello Hugo!
Thank you for your answer.

There aren't a lot of parameters to tune, pm is set to "static" so the only usefull other options are max children (that is set actually set to 2) and max request (1024).

I'm quite sure that the problem is related to how hiawatha use php-fpm on tcp sockets because:
1) on the same VPS the main webserver, openlitespeed, is configured to use the same instance of php-7.0-fpm, and I don't have any kind of trouble (hiawatha is configured on a secondary port until I proper configure it, then it will became the main webserver)
2) I use the same configuration (but on bsd sockets) with hiawahta (in a different VPS) and it works like a charm.
This topic has been closed.