Forum

Multi IPV6 addresses management

Sebastien
10 November 2007, 11:48
Hiawatha seems great! I would like to know if the IPv6 version of Hiawatha is able to manage several IPv6 addresses simultaneously (a range of addresses)?
Hugo Leisink
10 November 2007, 11:58
I must admit that I'm not really familiar with IPv6. I implemented IPv6 support based on what I've read on the internet. I don't have an IPv6 connection with my ISP. So, what do you mean with a range of addresses? You can specify multiple binding sections in the Hiawatha configuration file, but I guess that's not what you mean.
Sébastien
10 November 2007, 14:16
IPv6 provides a very large number of IP addresses. Several bilions for each human beings. So people will receive not a single IP, put a range of IPs. The classical approach would be to use one IP address for one server. But due to the large capacity, it would be interseting to manage several IP addresses with the same webserver. How do you see the feasability with Hiawata?
Hugo Leisink
10 November 2007, 14:22
You can specify multiple binding sections to bind more then one interface, but I haven't seen anything in the Unix network API that allows me to use more then one IPv6 address for the binding. So I don't think that's even possible.
This topic has been closed.