Forum

Doesn't install on Mac OS X 10.5

Dave
13 February 2008, 01:23
Hi, I downloaded the Mac installer, run it, installation complete but then the application doesn't appear in my applications folder. Where has it gone?? I can't find it even with spotlight... Now I can't nor launch the app neither uninstall it! Please help, tnx.
Hugo Leisink
13 February 2008, 10:09
The application can be started via de commandline. Run as root: /usr/sbin/hiawatha and turn browser to: http://localhost/ The website can be found in /var/www

Remember that a webserver is a daemon that runs in the background, it's a server application. It's not a desktop application that gives you a point and click interface. To check if it's running, use the commandline tool 'ps'.

Unfortunately, MacOS X doesn't support uninstalling PKG files. Once installed, you have to uninstall manually. To do this, remove the following files:

/usr/sbin/hiawatha
/usr/sbin/wigwam
/usr/sbin/php-fcgi
/usr/sbin/cgi-wrapper
/etc/hiawatha/*
/usr/share/man/man1/hiawatha.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/wigwam.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/php-fcgi.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/cgi-wrapper.1.gz

Making a better MacOS X package is still on my ToDo list. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(on the other hand, why would you wanna uninstall such a great piece of software and it's only about 100kb in size)
Dave
13 February 2008, 13:36
Thanks a lot, your help is really appreciated!!
Now I can properly use your app and even uninstall it, if I want to. (But I think I won't )
This topic has been closed.